List Of Exciting Argumentative Essay Topics On Religion
Have you got to write this type of assignment? What with other pressing worries like homework, and whether whatsit fancies you, it’s possible you are feeling rather flummoxed at knowing how to proceed.
Well, first and foremost, you will need to simply relax. Then you can move on to the first step, which is: selecting the subject to be debated.
Religion has obviously always disagreed to minor and major extents, so there are certainly a vast number of issues to choose, whether from a modern day perspective or a historical one. But with so many areas to select from, you could be feeling completely overwhelmed.
This being an argumentative essay, remember you get to voice your own opinion, so you should most certainly pick an area of interest that you’re passionate about; although you need to make sure you can back up your claims if you’re going to persuade your reader to your side of the fence. Cite plenty of sources from different people and institutions to argue for and against, whilst making a case for your own plea, and you can’t fail to go wrong.
So, what sort of subjects could you choose? Here are twenty helpful suggestions to get you thinking:
- The world doesn’t need religion: why atheism should be embraced.
- By the definitions given to religion, could we call atheism the same?
- Why Judaism, Christianity and Islam should unite, seeing as they all technically worship the same god.
- Faith is a personal thing, so theological matters don’t need to be debated.
- Why the writings of Josephus are a fake.
- When sharia law becomes dangerous: why change is needed.
- Why women should be allowed to choose to wear the burqa in countries where Islam is a minority.
- The Christian missionaries paved the way for the destruction of native tribes.
- Why Buddhism is a religion and not a philosophy as generally supposed.
- The Vatican should change its position towards homosexuality.
- Jesus Christ was based on earlier demi-gods like Mithras and Dionysus.
- The Gnostic texts show that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
- Why there’s good reason to believe that there is a code in the Torah.
- Why it is vital to not confuse Islam with extremism.
- The rights of Muslim women need to be changed.
- Why religion and politics should never mix.
- Why the Dead Sea Scrolls change our accepted views of Jesus and Christianity.
- A Jewish perspective on why Jesus was not the messiah.
- Why Yahweh is the only true god.
- How Christianity singularized god from the original pantheism and why.